Recently, Signature Mailings conducted a survey of non-clients and here are the results:
General questions about receiving greeting cards in the mail:
1. When you receive a greeting card in the mail, do you open it? - 96% responded Yes.
2. Would you feel more valued and more apt to continue to work with a professional if they sent you a greeting card on a regular basis expressing their appreciation? - 88% responded Yes.
3. Would you be more likely to continue giving professional referrals if you received a thank you card for each referral? - 98% responded Yes.
Questions about the envelope and stamp:
1. When receiving a greeting card in the mail, do you feel a colored envelope has more impact than a white envelope? - 84% responded Yes.
2. When receiving a greeting card in the mail, does a commemorative stamp have more impact than if a postage meter was used? - 76% responded Yes.
Questions about the content of the card:
1. If a sender of a greeting card actually signs their name, does this mean more to you than if the signature was scanned? - 97% responded Yes.
2. If a sender of a greeting card scans their signature onto a card, do you feel this is impersonal? - 86% responded Yes.
3. If a sender of a greeting card scans their signature onto a card, would you assume that the card was mass produced instead of being sent to you personally? - 95% responded Yes.
4. If a business card is included in a greeting card, would you keep it for future contact? - 87% responded Yes.
The responses to the survey justify what we do and how we do it. Just doing one of the above items can make a difference in the response you receive from your client. Doing all of the above items would be exponential.